We partnered with Discovery Education to develop new activities for grades 9–12. Each challenge activity offers students the opportunity to use critical thinking and collaboration to solve a real-world problem.
- Nature-inspired aviation - teams are challenged to design a drone that can fly in the air and also land on water, using the anatomy of animals as their guide.
- Suit Up for Takeoff - teams are challenged to evaluate materials proposed for a flight suit.
- Wildfire Response - students investigate the different types of wildfires and how modern technology can help firefighting professionals determine the best response to a fire.
- Under the Radar - teams are challenged to design an aircraft to evade radar and decide on the optimal solution to do so.
Come fly with us! Science, technology, engineering and math skills will help this generation's dreams take flight.
We invite you to share Generation Beyond’s resources with the educators in your life! Please share the toolkit and fact sheet with teachers, principals, after school program employees or any local organizations that would benefit from learning about the Generation Beyond program. Feel free to personalize the email based on the recipient! Thank you for spreading the word!
The first person to visit Mars is in school today. Will it be you?
Generation Beyond is a first of its kind, national educational program designed to inspire the next generation of innovators, explorers, inventors and pioneers to pursue STEM careers.
- Explore the surface of Mars in virtual reality with the Mars Walk app
- Watch student-created videos of space travel habitats
- Download fun lessons for parents and in-depth STEM curriculum for educators
- Zoom across our solar system and see the spacecraft and missions Lockheed Martin supports
- Play interactive learning games about deep space missions
Lockheed Martin Mars Experience Bus
Lockheed Martin donated its award-winning Mars Experience Bus to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum on Oct. 19, 2018. The donation provides an opportunity to engage students, parents, educators and other key stakeholders in STEM-education.